Monday, January 18, 2010

girl

Still trying to sort out my technical issues. Thanks for the advice which, essentially, was 'try turning it off and back on again'. I have tried that. I've even 'switched it off at the wall', but it hasn't worked. Hmmmm. I have a temporary fix so that I can make some posts over the next few days, but I think that it is just temporary.

Anyway, for now, here's a girl. On a post it note.
A post it note portrait. And here's a previous post poem (if you don't know what I'm talking about just take a look at titles to the previous posts);

Girl,
I'm walking down your street again.
Singing with my feet.

The world is turning, but I get so blown away.
I know that's who you are.

I want you, I want you so bad.
It's written in the stars.

7 comments:

Joan Y said...

Even your sketches are awesome (on post-it notes, no less). :) You rock, my friend! Hope your scanner issues work themselves out.

Pippa said...

WOW! That is so cool! It looks so effortlessly scribbled, and yet it's still a work of art!

Tim said...

That's just great. What a brilliant idea (even better than drawing what you hope to buy) all the titles becoming one lyric. Faaablus! Keep it up, girl!

Alex said...

Love the poem, and love the style! I mean, I am so used to your super detailed, ultra-realistic and fine cross-hatching drawings... and this is just a nice side of you I believe we rarely have seen.
:)
I am not sure what kind of technical issues you're having, but I hope you'll find your answers soon.

Unknown said...

Lovely Andrea! You do "loose" very well!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, peeps.

I think this is one of my most favourite drawings that I've ver made! Strange, I know. I think getting success from working in a way you wouldn't normally work always feels better.

Anyway, I have finished the whole block of post it notes, with tiny one minutes portraits, and will post them all soon.

Thanks, y'all.

Eugen Caitaz said...

Soooo beautiful girl!!! What is her name!??? Andrea! It's your artwork???