Sunday, September 26, 2010

brought to your doorstep

A couple of versions of this drawing. I added a bit of colour to it because it seemed to be asking for it. Just something to lift it. I'm not sure which I prefer. What do you think?

I say I added some colour but really, I've never actually been to Scotland when it's been anything but grey. That's not a complaint. I love a grey sky. And, I'd probably be disappointed if it wasn't that way. Especially when you are taking a boat trip on Loch Ness. It should be nothing but grey, dramatic and spooky. Not that you aren't spooked enough, of course.

Also, please don't laugh at my Mona Lisa. I did copy her from a fridge magnet. I got it in Amboise, France, which, I believe, is the town where Da Vinci died. If he didn't I was being lied to.

In my drawing she seems to have a touch of the Princess Anne about her. Which really is ironic, on my first attempt at drawing her she ended up looking exactly like Prince Charles. It's true.

21 comments:

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

I like the one with the extra color. It's nice because there's just enough to bring the page to life. Nice work!

Michele Meister said...

Yes, this touch of a colour is nice...
BUT : beautiful drawings with or without colour
and Mona Lisa is very cuuuuute....

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Well, obviously, Mona Lisa is undiscovered royal lineage (or something!) The drawings are so beautifully rendered, I don't have an opinion about color or not. I love them both (how helpful is that?!)

Dawn said...

i like the little pop of color!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. Very nice artwork...

-x said...

amazing.. i like~ =]

Anonymous said...

Me too! I like the one with the touch of 'Green color'. It makes the picture stand out.
http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=ap1016

Anonymous said...

Now that you mention it... yes! there is something in her expression that reminds me of Princess Anne. Regardless it is a excellent drawing.

Jane Doe said...

That really made my dad. The "Prince Charles"-thing. I think your Mona Lisa's cute, though.
I think it's beautiful both with and without color. I'm more of a black/white gal myself, but it's pretty with the green as well.

Sophie said...

The spot of colour is a nice touch in my opinion.
When I went on a ride on Loch Ness, we had a bit of sun but I can still remember the wall of rain that was chasing us off the Loch. It was, indeed, spooky enough!

I like your version of Mona Lisa.
Sophie

geraldo roberto da silva said...

I like your blog! Very much!

Unknown said...

I like them both too, but I think I like the colour one ever so slightly more :). You're very talented, I'm so pleased to have discovered your blog. I love all your drawings!!

Mice Aliling said...

You are truly talented and remain to be one of my inspirations. :) continue doing it.

http://micealiling.blogspot.com/

CAPSLOCK! said...

NICE PICS, FOLLOW ME @ http://capslock99.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

prince charles or not, at least you know how to sketch aside from a stick man.. nice artwork.

J.Hurtat said...

You have a great style! The Mona Lisa looks fine, and I love the detail you put into each element of the piece.

Josh Hurtado
Royall Advertising

Jennifer Lawson said...

Perfect addition of color.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you all, my lovelis.

And, thanks for not laughing too loud at my Mona Lisa.

Sophie, I don't thin it's possible not to be spooked while out on Loch Ness, whatever the weather, right?

Cheers, my dears.

The wire dvd said...

So beautiful.

mo said...

well, as always, i like both versions because, as always, i love your drawings, lol. but, i think i like the one with just the hint of green on the monster, it just adds a bit of punch to the pic.
and happy blog birthday, btw ;)

The Brunette said...

I love the nessie.. especially in colour so very cute :0). Thanks for sharing your wonderful work its very inspriring.