Saturday, October 12, 2013

there's a lot to learn for wasting time

For the first time in a long time I haven't had a deadline looming - I cleared them this week. Yes, there's a book launch, an exhibition and two Dr Sketchy's to organise, but I had a free day yesterday not worrying about getting one or another job finished. So, I spent the afternoon doing what I love best; driving, eating and drawing.

I pride myself on knowing where to get the best cakes, sandwiches, breads, chips, etc, in the Peaks. Tearooms are my area of expertise. Rosie's is a fab little tearoom in the lovely Hayfield village and does THE best brownies around. And so it should as it is run by an American lady and her husband. I found this cute little video, about Rosies, whilst searching for their website.

There was also the added bonus of this cutie, below, waiting outside for her owner to finish their tea and cake.

How long are you going to be?
Are we going yet?
Oh, come on.
Thank gawd for that.

6 comments:

English Tilly said...

Love your sketches - looks just like my Tilly. Was it a wire-fox terrier?

Great location too. Rosie's in my favourite cafe.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Hiya, hmmm, I'm not up on my breeds of dogs but something like that. Yeah.

Are you in Hayfield too?

Julie Clay Illustration said...

I shall put this on my list of tea rooms to visit, and now you need to divulge some more of that in depth knowledge of best tea rooms please, I suggest another visit..... then put them all together in a little book and sell them :) Good advertising for the tea rooms!! and lovely sketches too :)

Christine said...

So glad you came to hayfield to draw. I love this little dog.. It reminds me of a book of photos I bought for my Mum called "Dogs Waiting". And don't I just know about those brownies?? And the lemon drizzle cake... And the American grilled sandwhiches... And home made soup... And don't get me started on the breakfasts!!!!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, ladies.

Julie, it's something I've thought about as over the past couple of years I seem to have drawn quite a few local eateries. Hmmm. And yes, you must try the brownies if you visit.

Christine, that book sounds great. Is it drawings or photography? Yes, everything there is great. Haven't tried the breakfast yet though.

Maybe we should have a mini drawing afternoon there sometime?

Chees, guys.

Bohlen said...

Dear Andrea, very nice sketches indeed. Your lines have rhythm and magic. I just wonder whether you are sketching with pencil first or do you start immediately with pen and ink?